Welcome to Men Unplugged, a Christ-centered resource for men and their families. Hear from top Christian leaders like Josh McDowell, Dennis Rainey, Steve Arterburn, professional athletes, bands like MercyMe, business leaders and more every week as host, Jeff Jerina discusses key topics to help you ignite your faith, strengthen your family and live your true purpose. To find out more check out our START HERE Page.
Do the commandments that God gave Moses at Mt. Sinai apply to Christians today? If so, how can you more fully understand them as a born-again believer to live a life that is more fruitful. Today’s guest, Michael Johnston, has been attending a Messianic Congregation where he’s studied the Hebraic roots of our Christian faith over the last ten years and how understanding Jesus in his biblical language, culture, and context will help you experience all the freedom that Jesus Christ has given us through His sacrifice on the cross. You’re going to learn how to properly interpret and walk in the O.T. commandments of God, as well as, more fully grasp what the New Covenant entails as listed in Jeremiah 31.
Michael Johnston grew up in Michigan in a Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod family. He placed his faith in Jesus Christ in April of 1990 and started attending a Full Gospel church in his home town and then felt called to go to Bible College in Columbus, Ohio from 1992-1994. In 1997 he moved to Colorado while pursuing some athletic goals until 2000, during which time he met his wife. In 2008 the Lord led Michael to a Messianic Congregation where he’s spent the last 10 years studying the Hebraic roots of our Christian faith and understanding Jesus in His biblical language, culture, and context. Michael is the founder of Mansion Buiiders International and YeshuaCommunity.com.
- The word ‘Torah’ in Hebrew is the concept of a bullseye (i.e. hitting the mark). The word ‘Torah’ means teaching and instruction. In ancient Hebrew the word ‘Torah’ means directions for the journey.
- God’s 613 principles found in the Torah – the first five books of the Old Testament are God’s direction for the journey for your life
- Understanding God’s principles found in the Torah, the first five books of the Old Testament, will help you gain clarity and purpose in your life.
- Trust God that He is going to bless you when you follow His principles
- If you’re seeking God don’t be afraid of the truth that challenges what you currently believe
- If you look at God’s commandments the wrong way they won’t fulfill the purpose their meant to fulfill in your life
- Digital Study Bible – Available Exclusively at MenUnplugged.net
- Ten Steps to Power and Purpose – Digital Book
- For full show notes and links to the resources discussed on this episode go HERE
- Get Your FREE audiobook and FREE 30-day trial to Audible here: FREE Book
- Jeff Jerina’s evangelism training book. To get a discounted pre-order copy, signup to the weekly email list HERE
- Support Men Unplugged
- Yeshua Community
For Additional Study:
- The restoration of the Hebrew language
Zephaniah 3:9 For at that time I will change the speech of the peoples to a pure speech, that all of them may call upon the name of the Lord and serve Him with one accord.
- The restoration of the foundations of many generations
Isaiah 58:12 Restorers of paths to dwell in
Jeremiah 6:16 The ancient paths where you find rest for your soul
- The restoration of God’s Torah
Malachi 4:4-6 Remember the Torah and Covenant with the Fathers
Matthew 5:16-19 Jesus came to properly interpret and apply the Torah
- The New (Renewed) Covenant (With Israel)
Hebrews 8:8-12, 10:16 (Jeremiah 31:31-33)