Gary Thomas, bestselling author of Sacred Marriage and 17 other books joins the Men Unplugged show with Jeff Jerina for an audio Masterclass on Marriage. “Most marriages survive by gritting teeth and holding on. But marriages can not only survive but thrive when husbands and wives learn to cherish one another” says Thomas. Find out the secret ingredient for having a marriage that no longer seems like a task or chore but rather one where you are encouraged and excited to show your spouse you cherish them above everyone else in your life and by doing that you will love one another more fully and Jesus Christ will be glorified. Power tips galore on this episode including tips on parenting.
Guest bio: Gary Thomas has written 18 books, which have sold over 1 million copies, have been translated into more than a dozen languages, and have won numerous awards. His writings have established him as a thought-leader in the areas of marriage, parenting and spiritual formation. His book Sacred Marriage has sold more than 900,000 copies, and its accompanying devotional was an ECPA Gold Medallion Award finalist.
- Cherish takes love to the next level.
- Contempt has never made a marriage better.
- Love and Cherish never compete they complement one another.
- Find out what the term showcasing means as it relates to marriage
- Love without cherish is a duty or a discipline
- Love does not want the worst for someone. Complementing this, cherish celebrates the best in someone.
- A bonus tip on parenting.
Think back to the first man and woman, Adam and Eve. To Adam, his bride Eve was the only woman around and she defined what a woman was. And for Eve, Adam was what a man was defined as since he was the only man. Resources Mentioned:
- Ten Steps to Live with Power and Purpose– a practical step by step guide to find and live your true purpose in life (online Course) by Jeff Jerina. Register for the course today and save Half Off when you register by Sep. 7, 2018
- Jeff Jerina speaking and training forums
- Sacred Marriage
- The Practice of the Presence of God
- 1 Corinthians and Song of Songs
- Matthew 10:32-33
- Men, how can you cherish your wife today?
- Ladies, how can you cherish your husband today?